You can record audio using built-in programs or other free programs that you can download.
How do I record audio on my Windows computer?
This first method uses Windows’ built in Voice Recorder program. This can be accessed directly from the Start menu. Follow the steps to record.
- Search for Voice Recorder in the Start Menu.
- You’ll find a blue icon for a microphone in the middle of the program. The icon will appear at the bottom-left if you have already recorded some recordings.
- To begin recording, click on the microphone icon. To stop it, hit the blue stop button.
- You will see your recordings in the sidebar to the left. To view your recordings, click on the three dots at the bottom-right.
Voice Recorder allows you to quickly record audio. However, it lacks advanced features like the ability to choose different inputs. This app is ideal for short voice memos or if quality is not important.
How can I record sound from my computer?
You can also use Audacity, an audio recording program that allows you to record in a variety of ways.
- Download, and install Audacity.
- Open Audacity. Click on the drop-down menu in the top-left, just below the play button. Select MME.
- Select your recording device in the box below.
- Select Windows Windows WASAPI to record internal sound. Next, choose your stereo device. Make sure it includes (loopback).. This will make sure that it doesn’t record external sounds.
- To begin recording your sound, click the red record button
This will let you record from any device connected to your computer as well as your internal sound. Audacity is also useful if you want to have more control over your recordings than a simple voice recording.
- How can I record my computer screen using audio?
Any program that captures your screen, like VLC and QuickTime can also record sound from the built-in microphone. Just look for audio settings when you are setting up the recording. You will need another program to record audio from your computer. Make sure you are downloading only trusted files to your computer before you do anything.
- How can I record computer audio on my Mac?
MacOS offers several options to record audio. QuickTime is the simplest. Open QuickTime, then click File > New Audio Recording or hit Command + Shift +N on your keyboard. Audacity also offers a Mac version. You can follow the same instructions.