Maximizing Learning Potential with ExploreLearning Gizmos
Are you tired of the traditional and boring methods of teaching? Do you want to engage your students in a fun-filled learning experience? Then, ExploreLearning Gizmos might just be what you need! With its interactive simulations and real-world scenarios, Gizmos can maximize the learning potential of both teachers and students. In this blog post, we will explore how Gizmos can transform your classroom into an exciting world of discovery and innovation. Get ready to dive into a whole new way of learning with ExploreLearning Gizmos!
What are Gizmos?
Gizmos are interactive, online simulations that support hands-on, inquiry-based learning in math and science. With Gizmos, students can explore concepts in a variety of ways to build deep understanding. Students can manipulate variables and observe the results to see cause and effect. They can experiment with different scenarios to test their hypotheses. And they can collaborate with other students to share their ideas and deepen their learning.
Gizmos are used by millions of students around the world, in over 30,000 schools. They are aligned with state and national standards, so you can be confident your students are getting a quality education.
How do Gizmos help with learning?
Gizmos are interactive online simulations that help students learn by providing a hands-on, exploration-based learning experience. By using Gizmos, students can make predictions, test their hypotheses, and observe the results of their experimentation – all without having to leave their computer. This makes learning more engaging and enjoyable for students, while also helping them to better retain the information they learn.
In addition to being fun and engaging, Gizmos are also highly effective in helping students to understand complex concepts. By providing a concrete, visual representation of how a concept works, Gizmos help students to grasp difficult ideas that they might otherwise struggle with. And because Gizmos allow students to experiment and explore on their own, they’re able to learn at their own pace and in a way that best suits their learning style.
The different types of Gizmos
Gizmos are online interactive simulations that support science and math learning in classrooms. Gizmos are aligned to state and national standards, including the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Gizmos cover a wide range of topics within science and math, from early childhood through high school.
There are three different types of Gizmos: Topic Packs, Skill Builders, and Math Games.
Topic Packs are a set of three to five interrelated Gizmos on a focused topic, such as Plate Tectonics, States of Matter, or The Water Cycle. Using Topic Packs, students learn by investigating a real-world phenomenon through multiple scientific disciplines. Each Gizmo in a Topic Pack is designed to be used over several class periods, providing in-depth exploration of the topic.
Skill Builders provide scaffolded learning experiences that support the development of specific skills within science and math. They can be used to supplement instruction on any topic or concept. Students work through a series of questions or tasks at their own pace, receiving immediate feedback on their progress. Skill Builders are an effective way to differentiate instruction and support all learners.
Math Games are just what they sound like – games that help students practice specific math skills while having fun! Many Math Games can be played with 2-4 players so they’re perfect for small group work. And because they’re self-paced, all students can play regardless of their skill level.
The benefits of using Gizmos
Gizmos are a great way to maximize learning potential. They provide an engaging and interactive way for students to learn. Gizmos also offer a variety of customization options, so that each student can tailor their learning experience to best meet their needs. Here are just a few of the many benefits of using Gizmos:
1. Interactive Learning – Gizmos are designed to be highly interactive, so that students can better understand and retain the material they are learning.
2. Engaging – Gizmos are so much fun to use that students will be more likely to stay engaged in the material, even when it is challenging.
3. Customizable – Every student learns differently, and Gizmos offer the ability to customize the learning experience to better suit each individual learner.
4. Comprehensive – Gizmos cover a wide range of topics, so that students can find everything they need in one place.
5. Affordable – Gizmos are an affordable way to provide high-quality education resources to every student.
How to get started with Gizmos
There’s no need to be intimidated by Gizmos! They’re actually quite simple to use, and once you get started, you’ll be amazed at how powerful they can be. Here’s a quick overview of how to get started with Gizmos:
1. Sign up for a free account at www.explorelearning.com.
2. Browse the library of hundreds of available Gizmos. 3. When you find a Gizmo that looks interesting, click on it to learn more about it. 4. To use a Gizmo, simply click on the “Launch” button. 5. You’ll be asked to input some data or answer some questions; just follow the instructions on screen. 6. Experiment with the controls to see what effect they have on the simulation or model. 7. When you’re finished using a Gizmo, close the window (or tab) to return to the library. 8. To keep track of which Gizmos you’ve used and your progress, be sure to log in each time you use them.
That’s all there is to it! With ExploreLearning Gizmos, you can explore concepts in math, science, and reading/language arts in a fun and engaging way. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
ExploreLearning Gizmos provide students with engaging, innovative ways to learn scientific concepts. From virtual experiments to animated models, Gizmos offer an interactive and fun approach to learning that can help maximize student learning potential. Plus, the built-in assessment tools allow teachers to track student progress and make real-time adjustments for improved comprehension and performance. With these powerful tools at their disposal, educators can create immersive learning experiences that will keep students motivated and engaged in the classroom.