Russia’s top military commander, Sergei Ruskay Budanov, has said that Russia’s armed forces have completed the first phase of the ongoing operation in Ukraine. He claims that Kiev’s combat capability has been greatly reduced in a month’s fighting. Ruskay made the remarks at a news conference on Friday, local time. News RT.
Sergei Ruskay, head of Russia’s military operations department, spoke at a recent conference on the progress of the Russian operation in Ukraine. He claims that Moscow has reached the goal of the first phase of the military operation in Ukraine. He hopes that this will give Russia the opportunity to work with full concentration in the Donbass region.
Ukraine claims that about 18,000 Russian soldiers have been killed in the ongoing operation. Hundreds of Russian tanks, armored vehicles and guns were destroyed. However, Ukraine has not said how many troops have been killed in the war since mid-March. In mid-March, they confirmed the deaths of 1,300 soldiers. However, Russia’s top military commander, Colonel General Sergei Rusko, claimed that some 30,000 Ukrainian troops had been killed in the fighting.
Russia’s army chief Valery Gerasimov also said yesterday that the main target of their war is now eastern Ukraine.